L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Aqua Lip Lacquer in Berry Persistant: Review

I've purchased about 4 of these new L'Oreal Caresse lip lacquers and only really want one more color. For now, I will be doing individual reviews and swatches of the colors I have so as to give better detail to each color.
This first color I will be reviewing is #186 Berry Persistant. In the tube and from the coloring, it seems a lot more purple, but once applied it is definitely a deeper berry color (click link for further pictures and descriptions)
 
*review of #187 Infinite Fuschia here *
*review of #191 Stubborn Plum click here *


swatch in outdoor lighting
 
around 3 coats, no flash


with flash
 
Now I must say this a can be very sheer when applied with one coat on if you want a hint of glossy color. It can also be very dark and buildable if you add on 2 to 3 layers of this stuff. What I like most about this is that it has that non-sticky feeling of a thick gloss, yet has a good color payoff. I like that I can get a dark color with my lips looking juicy (if that makes sense) as opposed to a more bold look with the same color in lipstick. Definitely easier to pull off.
Only down side I would say is that if you have chapped lips, it can show the dry skin as the color attaches more towards it.


after a couple hours of wear and eating and drinking
If you don't eat or drink really as you wear it, you don't really need to touch it up, but if you do, then the color will definitely transfer off especially on the inside part of the mouth as you can see in the picture above.

Overall, if you like lip products and are in the  market for something pigmented but not too bold, and you don't like lipsticks and prefer glosses, I would check these out.
They retail anywhere from $7.99 at target to $9.99 at Rite-Aid. I would wait to get them on deals such as Buy one get one 1/2 off at Rite-aid or Ulta. Or just wait for the Sunday Paper in case they have coupons off them, or just get them at Target.

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | disclaimer