Rimmel's Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang, Apocaliptic, and Celestial: swatch + review

I FINALLY got my hands on the Rimmel Show Off (or Apocalips in the UK) Lip Lacquers and had try them out right away! The two colors I really wanted were 400 Big Bang (mainly because of the name being the same as my favorite Korean Pop group) and 303 Apocalips (love bright pinks). I figured I also needed a more neutral shade for every day so I also picked up 101 Celestial.





The applicator is a doefoot sponge tip and picks up a good amount of product.


I swatched the colors indoors with with natural lighting. 
Big Bang is a bright cool tone red.
Apocalips is a bright darker fuschia/hot pink.
Celestial is a darker nude pink.









Now for the swatches on the lips.



Big Bang

Apocaliptic
Celestial


The formula of these lip lacquers is excellent. It glides on smooth and creamy and is not sticky at all. There is a nice glossy shine on them as well after application. There is a faint sweet smell to the lip lacquers but it isn't anything strong at all. It is definitely not one you can just put on and go, you will need a mirror since this product is super pigmented and can get a little messy if you apply to  much on your lips.
I love all the colors, but would probably wear Celestial most since it is much more toned down and closest to my lip color (basically a 'my lips but better' color).
This can transfer on your teeth easily though so you should either blot or somehow wipe the product away from the inside of your lips. The wear time is pretty decent too, but I would carry it with you if you go out since you will need to touch up if you eat or drink.

Overall, I highly recommend all colors. The color pay off is beyond excellent and the formulation is great.
I went to my local Walgreens and found them for $4.99/ea and had a coupon for them. I will be going back shortly to pick up a few of the other more neutral colors.

The hype on this product is accurate to the T. !

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design by pipdig | disclaimer